Take a Walk....... t

Tuesday, May 23, 2006


Enthralling victory for Hingis

Last Saturday gave me the chance to watch an enthralling semi-final match between Martina and Venus Williams, one who would have read my previous post Of favourites and comebacks won't have any confusion as to who I was supporting.



From loosing the first set 0-6 to coming back and winning the match 0-6,6-3,6-3 and going ahead to win the tournament, Hingis heads to Paris after stirring Rome comeback win
,it was an amazing comeback for the Swiss Ms. Many at times during the match I felt she might just give it in. Since it was very much evident who was the more powerful player, who was serving faster or much much faster it seemed that in this era of tennis where even the Women's section has seen remarkably powerful players the beautiful game of tennis is lost. But one look at Hingis' game changes that all, she's a beautiful artist at the game who I love to watch and hope I get many more chance to see her winning and with the French open in sight and Hingis regaing top form I expect a nice treat.

2 Comments:

  • aarggh.. I was gonna make a post on Martina too!!
    You beat me to it :-)

    newyas, really feeling great that Martina is back to her winning ways and it would be great to see women's tennis hotting up again.

    Also, with Nadal giving Federrer a run for his money, tennis buffs are in for a treat.

    Cheers,
    HP

    By Blogger HP, at 7:50 am  

  • Comon dude there is so much to talk about on people like Martina, bring your comments on.

    By Blogger As If, at 2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home