Take a Walk....... t

Thursday, March 09, 2006


Of work and jobs...

Prologue- I have jumped from first job breaking a bond within a year of joining.

So it has hardly been a 7 months in the current job and friends have started asking me, When are you shifting, What are your plans for the next job or as Allwin asked something like 'Kya irada hai bhai, kahin aur kuch dekh rahe ho kya' , not sure whether I am putting exactly what he said. There were some more comments like these coming from friends. So in a nutshell do people think that I am the one ready to jump jobs for the heck of it. Now I am pretty sure atleast about a handfull of them that they don't mean bad about me, but I want my friends other whoever passes over this post to a know a few things about my current work plans.

I don't have any intentions of changing my job, as I think I am doing pretty well as of now at the current job and wish to continue for sometime over here.
But, there are many if's to the above sentence I just mentioned,

'PUNE SUCKS' I am literally getting sucked at he city, just cannot leave Bombay, with all the troubles that Bombay gives me. Be it long distance travelling, crowded transport.... blah blah blah. I still wanna be back in Bombay ASAP. Mind you nothing against 'Pune' it can be very good for somebody from a smaller city or someone who wants to run away from the hustle bustle of Mumbai, but for me that's life and am drearly missing it.

As mentioned in one of my first posts my penchant for singing I want to become so many things in life. Apart from the usual career path that I would mostly be trading in the next few years, Three of the most exciting ones(at least for now on my mind) are :-

1) To be a journalist :- Now people knowing me very well would also feel that where the heck did that come from, but somewhere I always would love to be a journalist, travelling around the country, sniffing news at every nook and corner, taking interviews........... I just get thrilled at the thought of it, running this blog is a part fulfilment of a dream. I strongly feel I can justify the job pretty well. I might not be a great writer(trying to improve every minute), but do feel that have the nose for news and the knack to do it right. So, if at this point someone gives me such an offer mind you I'll just jump at it.

2) Professor :- This is something I would surely do in life, but only later when I would have lost the hair strands left on my crown completely(that doesn't mean old though). The reason for the wait I wanna be a PHD before i do that. :)

3) Entrepreneur :- Starting my own business, that is something I have planning for a few years already. Every time I read or learn about something new, the first question that pops up is how can it be turned into a successful business. The time doesn't look far when I would implement one of these and it can be anything under the sun.

Epilogue :- So, after giving all the above reasons I believe it looks and might jump job soon, even I don't know at this instant :)

Wish me luck.

---Asif

5 Comments:

  • Best Of Luck Dude!!!

    Cheers,
    HP

    PS : btw, when are you gonna change ur present job :-)

    By Blogger HP, at 3:46 am  

  • Thats the question I am not answering as of now.
    I don't wanna leave from here as a programmer and again join some other place as the same, unless and otherwise I decide I had tooooo.. much of Pune.


    ---Asif

    By Blogger As If, at 4:37 am  

  • dude,
    gud to know ur thoughts.....
    eve i was readin bout sabir bhatia's new venture - arzoo.com the other day, felt so thoroughly inspired,feel like doin a course in entrepreneurship! Y dontchya?

    By Blogger mattu, at 7:46 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger As If, at 11:16 am  

  • sattar(70) nuw(boat) me poau(legs) rakkho ge toh doob jaoge.(jack of all trade is a master of none)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home