Take a Walk....... t

Saturday, February 23, 2008


Planet49 genuine looking fraudsters

Everyone who is online know how many tons of fraud emails and links that we keep getting everyday. But there are some which look really genuine and one such instance was when I received the Planet49 link while browsing rediff.com. After a 5 minute search on the internet I was pretty sure its another of the tricks of the innumerable fraudsters out there ready to pounce on unsuspecting souls. Anyways I didn't really want their free Audi A3, but if one of you fancies one you can visit the following fraud site.

Fraud site

One question people ask me often is how do you verify if a service provider on the internet is a fraud or not. These fraudsters can be job companies offering job in western countries for example companies in India offering services to procure a H1B visa or a green card etc.

The simplest trick or the first step that I take for verification is google the name of the company with fraud. So say I want to verify the veracity of planet49 claims, I will type "planet49 fraud" on google and wallah I have hundreds of people ranting on forums what a big fraud this company is, if the word fraud doesn't work use words like cheats etc. I know this whole process sounds pretty simplistic and someone might question if its a effective way of judging the authenticity of the company. But I find it pretty useful, though I suggest you use a little bit of you own judiciousness before actually making a decision.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you for your friendly warning. I have just received an email saying that i have won a Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Had i not check the validity of Planet49 i would have been cheated in the fraud into believing. Thank yo again.

    Izhar

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 am  

  • First alarm bell about Planet49 was the illiterate stupidity of whoever wrote question accompanying optical illusion.

    Below a series of circles the question was asked, did the circles intersect each other or were they parallel?

    Circles cannot of course be "parallel" - only CONCENTRIC.

    Geoff

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home