Take a Walk....... t

Friday, February 01, 2008


Of Google and yahoo, with toolbars, search boxes

Question: Why would you want to search the web from your word sheet that you are working on in a word processor
Answer: I don't I ever want to do that.

Question: What the hell is the google search bar doing in my Star office?
Answer: Thats the question I am looking for. I am bugged to such an extent with Google and Yahoo! toolbars popping up in so many softwares, especially the Google one that I am one inch away from hating Google forever.

You might ask why only Google, why not Yahoo! who are an equal culprit in the game, frankly speaking I am feeling very sympathetic for Yahoo! since the time I read about them been taken over by Microsoft. I know its just a proposal and the deal has not been through but considering Yahoo! has been lagging so badly in the last few years in every parameters and its bankruptcy in the innovation department it had to happen sooner or later. At least if the Yahoo! guys sell out now they might get a good deal and will provide a great chance to bleed Microsoft to death in the next few years. After is Microsoft going to make anything out of the $44.6 freaking billions that its going to spend on Yahoo! I think it will mess the company further and its a road to disaster. Anyways its not my area of expertise so lets not talk about it too much.

Coming back to the company whose motto was “Don’t Be Evil” and probably still is, doesn't really matter any more. The only thing matters is that its evil tactics are scaring me away from any software that seems to have any association with Google. I freaking want to install FireFox on my lappie and what the hell do I find it comes with a bundled Google toolbar. I don't want to install it but I don't have the option, if I want to install Firefox, which I have to rather then bearing the IE shit, There's no way out but to install the toolbar and then disable it later.

If you think that was shit, I install StarOffice and am working on some document and I see in the top menu the google search box popping up, well if I need to search I'll alternate to the browser window which will provide me the right frame to search why the hell do I need a Google box, I didn't ask for it but its there.

I like many Google applications, they have a good search engine(But these days all search engines anyways return more or less same results), they have many other fantastic applications, most of them just generate the hype but don't generate any real income. But I hate the way they have turned into the evil that they said they are fighting against, A monopolistic, Capitalistic, Evil corporation.

I wonder if some day Google will install a search box in the toilet seat where I will type "toilet paper", bang comes the reply "Look on the side tray dammit!!!"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home