Take a Walk....... t

Friday, October 06, 2006


Pune - 2

I've spent many more years in Bombay and Azamgarh then Pune, but for some reason I always end up writing about Pune, There can be many reasons for that, probably I hate the city more than I do the others. But this post certainly isn't about any dislike in this city, well this time its the weather damnit. I mean its so great!!!, yeah believe me I am talking something good about the city. The are so many things that one could berate the city for, but pune climate is something which none should or could even if they try to, unless they belong to some god forsaken land and don't know what good climate means.

I would just relate the days weather cycle in the last couple of weeks or so. There's a beautiful sunny morning, then it becomes pretty hot somewhere around 12 to 1 and we have to face the heat while going for our afternoon prayers. By the time we are done, which is around half hour time, the sky becomes over cast in no time. It starts raining and rains for 30 mins to a couple of hour and the heat is gone presenting you a pleasent evening. The nights are mostly cool, so can pullover a sheet and go for a calm sleep without the need of an AC most part of the year. Its never humid so even if its hot you won't be sweating to death like in Bombay, probably that explains one reason why Puneites hate Bombay so much.

So looking for a break from hectic and hot Bombay life, head over to pune for a couple of days.

Caution : Avoid the main city, its pathetic.

8 Comments:

  • Finally aapko Pune ki mahaanta ka ehsaas ho gaya :-)

    Cheers,
    HP

    By Blogger HP, at 10:36 am  

  • oye read the last sentence I mean the caution :) that explains the mahanta ka ehsas. Waise there are couple of more posts on pune in the offing.

    By Blogger As If, at 12:17 pm  

  • yeah..Did read that..Lekin chance pe dance karna meri purani aadat hain :-)

    Waise, I still think Pune is a very good option for students and all..

    Abt the infrastructure, well what to say..

    btw, been hearing quite a few good things abt Nagpur recently..

    Cheers,
    HP

    By Blogger HP, at 12:28 pm  

  • haan saare delhi waale yahi kehte rehte hain :)

    By Blogger As If, at 10:09 am  

  • #As If
    I still cant make out are u praising or cursing Pune.
    I mean the last line is like a slap on the Face :)

    Neways even i hav heard frm my frenz tht the weather in Pune is awesome...
    If you can invite us down there, even we can njoi the weather...

    njoi,
    Kurt

    http://itsmekurt.wordpress.com

    By Blogger kurt, at 1:28 pm  

  • #Kurt,
    I m doing both, praising for the weather and cursing for everything else. As for the invitation, I think I have invited u guys enuf number of times. Now no more invitations, aana hai to aaja anytime.

    By Blogger As If, at 1:30 pm  

  • I have worked in Pune for sometime..and absolutely love the place..

    By Blogger mathew, at 8:50 pm  

  • Apni apni choice hai mathew bhai :)

    By Blogger As If, at 6:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home